The nGimat story and technology have been featured in multiple business and industry trade publications. The CCVD process is described by Business Week magazine as a Development to Watch, and is listed as one of the top five new coating technologies of the 1990s in The American Ceramic Society Bulletin magazine. Other articles have appeared in Forbes, Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Board Authority, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Advanced Coatings & Surface Technology, and High Tech Ceramic News. In addition to print media, nGimat has been featured on local Atlanta news broadcasts and CNN’s Entrepreneurs Only as well as CNN’s Future Watch program which heralded the CCVD process as a breakthrough coating technology.
The following is a list of nGimat featured articles, announcements, and press releases:
- Research paper published in Nanoletters, a Journal of the American Chemical Society - nGimat Co., in collaboration with Corning Incorporated has performed extensive research on Superomniphobic, Transparent and Anti-reflective coatings on glass. The work has been published in the July 2014 edition of Nano letters, here: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl501767j
- nGimat ARPA-E (Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy) Team Attends 2014 APRA-E Energy Innovation Summit - The Georgia Tech-ORNL-nGimat ARPA-E (Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy) team attended the 2014 APRA-E Energy Innovation Summit Feb. 24-25 held in the National Harbor, Washington, DC. This summit is the premier annual event dedicated to transformative energy solutions. On Feb. 27, the team was invited to the event Energy Innovation on the Capitol Hill, organized by the Center for Clean Energy Innovation and the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, to showcase their cutting edge energy technology on the Capitol Hill. Only 5 ARPA-E awardees were invited to the event.
- United States Navy awards Phase I SBIR contract to nGimat to develop High Energy and Power Density Electrical Energy Storage Devices - The US Navy has awarded nGimat Co. a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase I project to develop an energy storage device that has both high energy and power density.
- ARPA-E awards nGimat-Georgia Tech-ORNL team to Develop Ultra High Performance Supercapacitor by Using Tailor-Made Molecular Spacers Functionalized Graphene - The Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) awarded a project to develop high performance supercapacitors to the nGimat, Georgia Tech(lead), and Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL) team.
- nGimat to present recent developments in superconductor wire insulation at prestigious IEEE workshop - nGimat LLC President, Andrew Hunt, will present the company’s recent results on nanocomposite superconductor wire insulation technologies at the prestigious Low-Temperature High-Field Superconductor Workshop (LTHFSW 2012) to be held in Napa Valley, CA in early November 2012.